Monday, October 12, 2009

Headboards Galore

Recently I decided to create a new headboard for a bedroom. I had never made a headboard, but was able to figure it out easily. I looked at a few magazine clippings I had saved and also looked online for how to articles. I decided on a large tall headboard. That fit under my window in my bedroom. I also decided to cover the back of my headboard. I like a real finished look. My husband Brad also attached the headboard to our bedframe rather than our wall.
I found my fabric and foam at UFO Fabrics in Vista, CA. They also will cover your buttons for you for about 25cents.

California Street House | Master Bedroom

Here are a couple inspirational headboards as well.




I love the idea of a lit headboard. I think it would be so cool to do LED lighting that could changed with your mood.
This headboard uses a resin panel by 3 Form

I found this informational video by Grace Bonney from Design*Sponge after I completed my headboard but it is very useful.

No comments: