Sunday, February 14, 2010

My New Favorite Artist - Tamara De Lempicka




This weekend I went to the Palm Springs Modernism Week. It was a fun excuse to go to the desert for a day trip. I had never been, and wasn't sure what to expect. Overall the show was good. It wasn't super huge but a lot of quality retro modern pieces. There were a lot of dealers with wonderful collector pieces. I was pleasantly suprised to see all the wonderful jewelry that I had new idea would be there. My favorite discovery was coming across this booth by DK Art Publishing, who had all these wonderful prints by Tamara De Lempicka. I love her art. My favorite is the Autoportrait. I think the subject in the painting has an uncanny resemblance to Uma Thurman in Henry & June, which is my all time favorite movie. I love coming across something that is very inspiring and her work did it for me.

1 comment:

Ava said...

Thanks for sharing, amazing art work!